Copy link
Increase text size
Decrease text size
Link copied

Crypto exchange DragonEx lost $7M in hack, announces compensation plan

Mon, 01 Apr 2019, 10:54 am UTC

DragonEx, a Singapore-based cryptocurrency exchange, has published an update of the funds it lost in a hack that took place on March 24.

According to the March 30th report on stolen assets, the exchange said:

“On March 24th, DragonEx suffered APT attack, which is the greatest challenge since DragonEx was first launched in the year of 2017. 7.09million USDT assets are stolen (based on the price when it was hacked), details are as below.”

The lost funds include 135 bitcoins, 2,738.12 ether, 247,000 XRP, 1,464,319.32 USDT, 64,121.00 XEM, and 426,314.70 EOS, among others.

DragonEx said that it is working with overseas and domestic Safety company to do system inspection and upgrade its safety measures as it prepares to reopen its platform.

Although it is trying to track and retrieve back the stolen assets with the help from multiple parties, the exchange said that “it seems not likely to retrieve back the stolen assets.” That said, the exchange has announced its plans to compensate affected users:

“DragonEx will issue 7million USDT value of DB, Dragon Bond which is 1:1 with USDT. The stolen assets of users will be calculated at the price when it was hacked, DragonEx will compensate 10% of the stolen assets as original currencies and the other 90% will be compensated with DB.

“DragonEx Team will give out 3.65million DT to set up DB Rewards Pool, the dividends from which will be used to compensate the DB holders until DB is bought back all.”

The exchange further said that it is also seeking outside financing, which if successful, would enable it to “purchase back all stolen assets for users and recover the trading, deposit and withdrawal as usual.”

<Copyright © TokenPost. All Rights Reserved. >

To leave a comment, please sign in.
More
  • Bitcoin (BTC) $9,667.76 (-0.29%)
  • Ethereum (ETH) $242.34 (-0.18%)
  • XRP (XRP) $0.224600 (+0.84%)
  • Bitcoin Cash (BCH) $256.16 (-0.31%)
  • Bitcoin SV (BSV) $194.72 (-0.87%)
  • Bitcoin (BTC) $9,667.76 (-0.29%)
Feb 21, 2020 (Friday)
12:01
Paxos launches blockchain-based securities settlement solution with Credit Suisse and Instinet
12:00
Brazil to launch new payment system in response to cryptocurrencies
11:59
Digital currency exchange Coinbase Pro lists Kyber Network token
11:57
Norwegian Air to soon start accepting crypto payments
10:21
Swedish central bank begins CBDC pilot with Accenture
09:51
Italian soccer team Juventus launches ethereum-based digital collectibles with Sorare
Feb 20, 2020 (Thursday)
14:16
Telecom companies complete cross-carrier mobile payments using blockchain
11:53
National Stock Exchange of Australia to develop DLT-based digital securities trading platform
11:00
South Korean ICO project discontinued, to return $7.5M to token holders
10:36
Samsung maintains crypto support in soon-to-launch Galaxy S20
09:41
BIS appoints Innovation Hub heads to lead Singapore and Switzerland
09:15
Coinbase becomes first crypto company to receive Visa principal membership
08:59
Dubai Economy and six banks launch KYC Blockchain Consortium
08:26
Crypto Technicals: ETH/USD under downside pressure after 'Bearish Engulfing' pattern
07:12
Tim Draper buys $1M worth of Aragon Tokens to create digital courts for DAOs
06:13
Renewable energy firm Acciona commits to take CBI’s blockchain-based carbon credits trading platform global
05:02
Crypto Technicals: BTC/USD trades below 21-EMA, break below 4H 200 MA (9386) to trigger further downside
04:56
Crypto exchange Coinfloor to launch a simplified bitcoin buying service
04:35
Indonesia’s customs department joins IBM- Maersk blockchain shipping platform “TradeLens”
Feb 19, 2020 (Wednesday)
12:46
Crypto custodian BitGo acquires digital securities startup Harbor
Subscribe to the TokenPost newsletter!
Don't show me this again today.
Back to top
Copyright ⓒ TokenPost. All Rights Reserved.
PUBLISHsoft