• Thu, 22 Aug 2019, 09:31 AM
  • All times are UTC
  • Edition:
    International
Copy link
Increase text size
Decrease text size
Link copied

Brave rolls out new opt-in feature to reward users with BAT tokens for viewing ads

Source: Brave

Thu, 25 Apr 2019, 11:01 am UTC

Privacy webs browser Brave has announced the launch of Brave Ads – an advertising platform built on privacy.

Brave Ads will enable users to earn rewards for watching advertisements. By default, Brave blocks cross-site web trackers and the ads which come with them. Hence, to view Brave Ads, users of Brave’s latest release of the desktop browser for macOS, Windows, and Linux would have to opt into Brave Rewards.

The company explained that as Brave Ads are “opt-in”, brands would know with certainty that their ads, running in its platform, are viewed by people who welcome advertising.

In its announcement, Brave said:

“Users receive 70% of the gross ad revenue, while Brave receives the remaining 30%. Users are rewarded with Basic Attention Tokens (BAT) via the integrated Brave Rewards in their browser.”

BAT is currently among the top 25 cryptocurrencies by market capitalization. It is trading at $0.428 at the time of writing.

Brave said that it is working with a number of ad networks and brands for the Brave Ads catalog inventory. Vice, Home Chef, Ternio BlockCard, MyCrypto, and eToro are now supplying ads, in addition to BuySellAds, TAP Network, AirSwap, Fluidity, and Uphold, which were part of the early access program for developer and beta users that started on January 15, 2019, the release said.

Further, The Giving Block will provide ad inventory and test use cases for their partner charities and non-profits. Brave is also working with the Human Rights Foundation, which is being featured as part of the launch, where users can tip the organization through Brave Rewards.

“With Brave Ads, we are launching a digital ad platform that is the first to protect users’ data rights and to reward them for their attention,” said Brendan Eich, CEO and co-founder of Brave Software.

“Brave Ads also aim to improve the economics and conversion of the online advertising industry, so that publishers and advertisers can thrive without the intermediaries that collect huge fees and that contribute to web-wide surveillance. Privacy by design and no tracking are integral to our mission to fix the Web and its funding model.”

<Copyright © TokenPost. All Rights Reserved. >

To leave a comment, please sign in.
  • Nickname
  • 2019.04.28 12:40:19
When the Australian region, please @brave!
  • 0
  • ·
  • 0
More
  • Bitcoin (BTC) $9,996.80 (-1.91%)
  • Ethereum (ETH) $186.65 (-0.78%)
  • XRP (XRP) $0.264200 (-0.52%)
  • Bitcoin Cash (BCH) $298.02 (-0.74%)
  • Litecoin (LTC) $72.74 (+0.57%)
  • Bitcoin (BTC) $9,996.80 (-1.91%)
Aug 22, 2019 (Thursday)
09:16
Former Zaif exchange owner Tech Bureau to discontinue crypto business after completing customer refunds
08:32
Crypto Technicals: XLM/USD bearish trend intact, hits multi-month lows at 0.06542
07:33
Russian firm ICORating settles $270K fine with SEC for concealing ICO touting payments
07:24
Travelport, IBM, BCD Travel to develop blockchain solution for hotel commissions
07:19
Trade.io ends relationship with Forbes CryptoMarkets portal
06:25
Winklevoss twins-owned crypto exchange Gemini expands to Australia
06:20
South Korea’s Woori Financial to develop blockchain-based financial services with Ground X
06:17
Crypto Technicals: Bitcoin Gold hits 5-month lows below $13, momentum studies bearish
05:39
Digital securities platform Securitize becomes SEC-registered transfer agent
04:01
Indian Supreme Court grills RBI for cryptocurrency banking ban
03:49
Cryptopia customers did not have individual wallets; liquidator Grant Thornton to manually determine crypto ownership
03:34
Korean crypto exchange Prixbit shuts down over financial crisis
03:31
Crypto Technicals: BTC/USD below $10K, breach of 'Symmetric Triangle' could plummet prices further
Aug 21, 2019 (Wednesday)
12:56
Crypto Technicals: Major Cryptocurrency Daily Technical Outlook
12:27
Crypto Technicals: Major Cryptocurrency Support Resistance Levels
12:25
European Commission looks into “potential anti-competitive behavior” of Facebook's Libra: Report
11:10
Thailand’s Siam Cement Group seeks to expand Corda-based ‘Procure to Pay’ solution to 2,400 suppliers by 2020
10:40
Crypto Technicals: BCH/USD rejected at cloud, violation at 200-DMA to open up downside
10:21
Blockchain settlement startup Fnality adds former UBS and IMF executives to management team
09:17
Austrian telecom giant A1 to offer cryptocurrency payment option
Subscribe to the TokenPost newsletter!
Don't show me this again today.
Back to top
Copyright ⓒ TokenPost. All Rights Reserved.
PUBLISHsoft