Wirex, a London-based provider of crypto wallets linked to physical and virtual Visa debit cards, has announced the launch of Ripple wallet, allowing users to buy, sell, exchange and deposit XRP using the Wirex App.
Ripple is currently the third most valuable cryptocurrency by market capitalization, following Bitcoin and Ethereum. It is trading at $0.45 at the time of writing (Kraken).
Wirex noted that Ripple has been adopted by a number of financial institutions for internal remittance purposes. This, it said, is a “sure sign of the protocol’s versatility and reliability.”
“Ripple has gained a reputation as a cheap and stable altcoin. While the value of most cryptocurrencies is influenced by the oscillations of Bitcoin, Ripple is independent of the Bitcoin blockchain. It has grown considerably in value – with larger gains than Dash, Ethereum and Litecoin combined, XRP was the best performing altcoin in 2017,” Wirex added.
Using the new XRP wallets, users in the EEA would be able to:
- “Easily convert XRP to fiat and spend with your Wirex card
- Buy, sell, exchange and deposit XRP in-app
- Link the wallet to your debit or credit card
- Exchange 50 supported altcoins with XRP
- Exchange between USD, GBP, EUR, BTC and LTC
- Enjoy free crypto transactions between Wirex users”