• Days
  • Hours
  • Mins
  • Secs
  • Thu, 19 Sep 2019, 06:47 PM
  • All times are UTC
  • Edition:
    International
Copy link
Increase text size
Decrease text size
Link copied

Apple's co-founder Steve Wozniak now co-founder of blockchain investment firm ‘EQUI Global’

Doug Barrowman, Lady Michelle Mone, and Steve Wozniak (Picture: www.equiglobal.com)

Wed, 17 Oct 2018, 06:41 am UTC

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has taken the helm of a technology-focused venture capital fund built using blockchain technology.

Wozniak has become the co-founder of EQUI Global, joining forces with EQUI founder Doug Barrowman and EQUI co-founder Baroness Michelle Mone OBE. He first hinted at the collaboration in August in an interview with Null Transaction.

Wozniak will lead technology investments and identify the “tech stars of tomorrow.” These promising companies would then be mentored with world-class expertise and guidance.

“It [EQUI Global] is a technology focused venture capital fund which combines the conventional principles of investing with a blockchain ‘back end’ that allows value to be realised and then traded in the open market through the EquiToken,” according to the official announcement.

According to the official website, as the fund is not limited by an end of term agreement, it is at liberty to exit its investments at the optimal time to realise maximum return for its investors. The fund is both open-ended and liquid, giving investors the opportunity to sell their EquiTokens on external cryptocurrency exchanges at a time of their choosing. The token infrastructure is built using the Ethereum platform, EQUI said.

“I get ideas pitched to me every single day in fact dozens and I always say no. Since I co-founded Apple with Steve Jobs, this is about the second time in twenty years that I actually said yes, I want to be a part of this. It has to be something I really believe in and I really believe in EQUI,” Steve Wozniak, co-founder of EQUI Global, said.

EQUI plans to make up to 80 percent of its investments in technology companies and the remaining 20 percent in non-tech assets, such as real estate and investment collectibles such as art and vintage cars.

Wozniak said that EQUI is already looking at more than 20 businesses, adding “we haven’t even officially launched yet. It’s going to be very exciting. Ultimately, our mission is to seek, support and fund the blockchain and tech stars of tomorrow.”

<Copyright © TokenPost. All Rights Reserved. >

To leave a comment, please sign in.
More
  • Bitcoin (BTC) $10,068.50 (-1.51%)
  • Ethereum (ETH) $220.49 (+3.38%)
  • XRP (XRP) $0.303200 (-3.40%)
  • Bitcoin Cash (BCH) $317.66 (-2.96%)
  • Litecoin (LTC) $77.10 (-2.31%)
  • Bitcoin (BTC) $10,068.50 (-1.51%)
Sep 19, 2019 (Thursday)
12:27
Crypto Technicals: Major Cryptocurrency Support Resistance Levels
12:27
Crypto Technicals: Major Cryptocurrency Daily Technical Outlook
11:57
Chinese financial institutions increasingly adopting big data, blockchain and AI: Moody’s
10:50
Crypto Technicals: Monero fails to hold 200-DMA break, erases most of previous session's gains
10:16
North Korea reportedly in early stages of developing bitcoin-like national cryptocurrency
09:37
UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention rolls out blockchain-based system
09:17
PUBLISH’s native token ‘NEWS’ listed on CoinMarketCap
08:44
Craig Wright asks 30-day extension as he holds talks to settle $10B lawsuit
08:33
Crypto Technicals: Litecoin (LTC) flashing signs of weakness, bearish engulfing and overbought oscillators weigh
07:40
Germany adopts comprehensive blockchain strategy to block Facebook's cryptocurrency Libra
07:36
Litecoin Foundation selects Celsius Network as preferred interest bearing wallet
06:42
Turkey plans to create National Blockchain Infrastructure and regulatory sandbox
06:29
Crypto Technicals: ETH/USD retreats from 6-week highs at 217.49, close below 200-DMA to see further weakness
05:33
Tata Motors looks to collaborate with startups on blockchain-based solutions amid automotive sector slowdown
04:49
Cybersecurity startup GK8 scores $4M to conduct cryptocurrency transactions without connecting to the Internet
04:48
Crypto Technicals: Bitcoin turns bearish, slumps below $10,000 mark
03:56
SpaceChain wins €60K grant from European Space Agency for blockchain satellite wallet
03:52
Huobi launches fiat-to-cryptocurrency exchange in Argentina
Sep 18, 2019 (Wednesday)
04:56
Crypto exchange Binance.US to not launch in 13 U.S. states
04:29
VanEck, SolidX pull out bitcoin ETF proposal from SEC
Subscribe to the TokenPost newsletter!
Don't show me this again today.
Back to top
Copyright ⓒ TokenPost. All Rights Reserved.
PUBLISHsoft