Copy link
Increase text size
Decrease text size
Link copied

More gamers want to earn BTC in games rather than NFTs

More gamers want to earn BTC in games rather than NFTs

Metaverse / Image by: Wikimedia Commons

Tue, 13 Dec 2022, 16:19 pm UTC

A significant portion of gamers are willing to play NFT games as long as they have the opportunity to earn crypto such as Bitcoin (BTC) while doing so. This is despite some gamers have expressed their opposition against the integration of non-fungible tokens (NFT) for games.

This was revealed by the recently published study done by the fintech firm Zeebedee that covered U.S.-based gamers. The company conducted the study to gauge the exposure of American gamers to cryptocurrencies and their attitudes on blockchain gaming, Cointelegraph reported.

Researchers discovered that 67% of respondents would play free games if the games offered rewards in crypto. Meanwhile, 45% of poll respondents thought that trading game characters and items with other players had advantages, while 23% thought it would have a negative effect. 32% of respondents remained silent.

In addition, the study indicated that only 5% of respondents were interested in earning NFTs whereas 27% of respondents were interested in earning Bitcoin (BTC) in games. This shows that rather than only collecting NFTs, players in play-to-earn (P2E) games are more interested in getting BTC.

One of the highlights of the survey results is that most gamers have a positive or neutral opinion when it comes to game rewards in crypto, according to Ben Cousens, the chief strategy officer of Zeebedee. The study also highlighted the popularity of Bitcoin among gamers.

“Despite the bulk of industry attention being focused on NFTs, we found that Bitcoin stands out as the most popular decentralized asset amongst gamers when compared against other cryptocurrencies, including NFTs,” Cousens said.

The survey also found out that 55 percent of American gamers do now own crypto. The remaining 45 percent owns either Bitcoin, Ether (ETH), or Dogecoin.

A separate survey published in July found that one in three gamers expressed interest in using crypto in the metaverse. Gamers also showed positive reception to the concept of P2E gaming, with 40% of gamers wanting to play and earn within the metaverse.

TokenPost | [email protected]

<Copyright © TokenPost. All Rights Reserved. >

  • Bitcoin (btc) $28,294.00 (-0.01%)
  • Ethereum (eth) $1,794.32 (+1.07%)
  • BNB (bnb) $327.22 (-3.04%)
  • USD Coin (usdc) $1.00 (-0.18%)
  • XRP (xrp) $0.447047 (+13.28%)
  • Bitcoin (btc) $28,294.00 (-0.01%)
Jul 15, 2021 (Thursday)
13:30
BTC Surges by 1.16% Within 5 Mins, Marking 31,824.01 USDT
12:06
BTC Surges by 1.12% Within 5 Mins, Marking 32,104.8 USDT
10:25
BTC Drops by 1.03% Within 5 Mins, Marking 32,171.88 USDT
02:13
TriumphX Scouts 'MINAMCOMPANY' CEO Woo-Seong Lee As Creative Director
02:00
ETH Tops List Of Crypto Net Inflow With $298.96 Mln In Past 10 Hours
Jul 14, 2021 (Wednesday)
13:14
BTC Surges by 1.03% Within 5 Mins, Marking 32,738.08 USDT
09:03
BTC Surges by 1.01% Within 5 Mins, Marking 31,899 USDT
02:30
Crypto Market Sentiment On Jul 14: Market In "Extreme Fear"
02:00
ETH Tops List Of Crypto Net Outflow With $224.97 Mln In Past 10 Hours
Jul 13, 2021 (Tuesday)
02:30
Crypto Market Sentiment On Jul 13: Market In "Extreme Fear"
02:00
ETH Tops List Of Crypto Net Outflow With $178.61 Mln In Past 10 Hours
Jul 12, 2021 (Monday)
02:30
Crypto Market Sentiment On Jul 12: Market In "Extreme Fear"
02:00
BTC Tops List Of Crypto Net Inflow With $164.82 Mln In Past 10 Hours
Jul 11, 2021 (Sunday)
21:31
BTC Surges by 1.02% Within 5 Mins, Marking 34,475.6 USDT
10:00
ETH Tops List Of Crypto Net Inflow With $122.76 Mln In Past 18 Hours
06:17
SOBA Listed On LATOKEN
02:30
Crypto Market Sentiment On Jul 11: Market In "Extreme Fear"
02:00
BTC Tops List Of Crypto Net Outflow With $87.56 Mln In Past 10 Hours
Jul 9, 2021 (Friday)
21:40
BTC Surges by 1.08% Within 5 Mins, Marking 33,911.8 USDT
02:30
Crypto Market Sentiment On Jul 09: Market In "Extreme Fear"
Subscribe to the TokenPost newsletter!
Don't show me this again today.
Back to top
Copyright ⓒ TokenPost. All Rights Reserved.